Karen Druffel has been creating custom designs for over 30 years. She has created everything from original design wedding dresses and formal gowns, inherited antique wedding dress remakes, drapery, custom upholstery, bridal and bridesmaids gown alterations, men's suit tailoring, custom baby onesies, quilts, Halloween costumes, and, of course, theatrical costumes. If you can envision it, she can create it. Karen also creates designs in other mediums such as metals, acrylic and watercolor paints.
Located near historic Ellicott City, Karen offers personal seamstress and tailor services ranging from simple quick jobs to complex projects.
- Women's skirts, pants, dresses - alterations, hemming, adjustments, leg tapering
- Prom Dresses & Formal Gowns - bodice fitting, strap adjustments, hemming, sleeve shortening, sequins and rhinestones
- Wedding Dresses - alterations, down-sizing, up-sizing with corset addition, hemming, adding lace, sequins, rhinestones
- Bridesmaids Dresses - at your location, custom fittings for all bridesmaids in one sitting
- Custom Dresses - creation of wedding dresses and formal gowns from pictures of dresses you like
- Dance Wear - stretch and sequin dance wear
- Men's suits, pants, shirts - hemming, waistband adjustments, sleeve shortening
- Boy's uniforms - school uniform hemming, band pants hemming (with extra material for future growth)
- Scouts - application of patches and awards to uniforms, hemming (with extra material for future growth)
- Babies - custom onesies, baby quilts, matching outfits
- Elderly - replace snaps and buttons with magnetic closures and velcro, add loops for easy grabbing
- Cosplay - unique designs for cosplay, superheroes, anime, characters from movies and video games
- Period Clothing / Renaissance - authentic, high-quality period clothing, suitable for living history, entertainment productions, and special occasions